Bought the '97 Burb and it won't start....

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Guy changed the IP this week before I picked it up. Lift Pump is running and it seems to be pumping fuel at the filter head. Now lift pump doesnt shut off with the key. It just keeps running until you disconnect the batteries. That part I dont understand. And he changed the PMD and the oil pressure sensor on the left head too. Hoping to find something easy to get this up and running and get it on the road asap.... Any thoughts on direction would be great....

Hoss....

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 97 lift pump is on a factory relay that is ecm controlled, can remember if that year had the prime at WTS but it all should be ecm/relay activated.

Check/clean your grounds, 6.5's are picky about that. There is also a PMD ground. Relocate the pmd to your front bumper using a 6ft extension and heat sink, that will save you alot of future problems.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Got her started and it idles and purrs likes a kitten and sounds great.... Idles/Runs until the PMD gets overheated and then it dies like you shut the key off. Spray the PMD with the freezing penetrant or ether and it starts and runs again until the PMD gets hot again and it dies again. Or if you keep spraying the PMD with ether - it will run as long as you keep spraying a little on it at a time. I wish I had a used one to test it with. I have a cooler made. Need the long harness and a test PMD.... I am so glad that it purrs....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance