boost

Whit

Reaction score
32 psi is max effeciency for a HX35.....any thing after that is so heated that it is a waste, also the drive pressure is too much and hurts you at that point

if you want/need more air you must go larger turbo

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 00 dodge one ton with an edge juice with attitude 4 in 5 in straight pipe turbo back and a custom made intake i made myself and according to my attitude display im making 30 psi under full throttle thought id let ya know

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
So the factory turbo will not make 35+ psi without a decent chip, and/or larger injectors? I know the waste gate is set at approx 24ish psi, but with that fixed, the computer will defuel and prevent the max boost from being achieved with the stock computer program/tune? And there is nothing mechanical I can do with what I have already, to get the boost my turbo is capable of? I guess thats my real question!!! Hope that makes sense. So other than stacking a smarty chip (not familiar with them) or buying a $600 programmer, what do you reccomend? Anyone?

The mechanical things have been done, but the computer is holding the party back. You have to get a programmer. And like Whitmore said, go bigger on the turbo so you can get more good air into it. The Smarty has 10 programs in it, and you can do all kinds of fun things with the settings. You have to get the old girls brain right before you can take advantage of anymore mechanical changers. Like I said before, boost production and fuel flow rate and timing go hand in hand. More fuel=more boost.
Either that or turn that truck in and get a P pumped or VE equipped vehicle.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Boost doesn't make horsepower fuel does. Boost supplies enough air to burn the fuel you put in the engine without smoking and it helps reduce EGT. High boost without additional fuel reduces power.

Jim
"99 ISB in a motorhone.