boost psi

Steve Kelton

Reaction score
Installed Edge evo. Only getting 1 to 5 psi on guage. Ideas.. Truck runs great Stock 99 F250 7.3.

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What turbo and truck? Fuel turned up? Exhaust and intake mods. Might be normal, might be a little low, we'll have to have more info. My truck, 6.9 2wd auto, ATS non gated turbo never sees any boost until around 2000 RPMs or under hard acceleration/big load. Its usually boosting 0-1 psi cruisiong on the highway, 2 empty under hard acceleration maybe 4-6 with a cord of firewood or if I really stomp it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
chips are for dipping LOL

just some friendly ribbing sounds like you need the powerstroke section

did you get good boost numbers before?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If your truck is running great, and has good power, then I would say that your reader is reading it wrong. A PSD running those boost number will be a dog, and EGT's will get crazy high fast. Plus it would smoke like a freight train (is it?).

Steve Kelton

Reaction score
If your truck is running great, and has good power, then I would say that your reader is reading it wrong. A PSD running those boost number will be a dog, and EGT's will get crazy high fast. Plus it would smoke like a freight train (is it?).

no smoke

Steve Kelton

Reaction score
F250 99 Edge Evo

what are the details on your truck? fill out your signature.
woops my bad just saw you edited your post. i'm with fordguy, has to be reading wrong.

If you look at Diesel JD he has the same issue. The edge is getting its boost reading from the trucks computer. How can it get an accurate reading.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You cant compare an IDI's boost pressures with that of a PSD. PSD's have lower compression ratio's, so they run more boost. But with an IDI we run less boost (generally 12psi max is the accepted value) because we have much higher compression ratio. Your truck should be in the low to mid 20's for boost.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought he had an IDI at first. I think if truly a SD with a powertsroke only had 5 psi of boost at anything much above idle, power would suffer and you'd have a crapload of smoke. I'm pretty happy with 1-2psi around town in the IDI, believe me it can build more boost when I really need it.