body mounts

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered a set of poly mounts to at azone and they were only 86 dollars with tax. Now my cab will sit level lol. I do this to attempt to improve the ride quality. Btw I went with the black ones.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was not a fun project for me on the crew cab, but worth the trouble in my opinion.

The write up (in the Tech articles) I did on the subject no longer has pictures............. Webshots is gone now, along with my picutres.

The black ones have some graphite imbedded in them and are less likely to squeek than the red.

Use the provided lube and they should stay nice and quite.

Heath

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they make your ride quality better or worse? The only issue I have with the truck is it rides like crap. I think I am going to get some add leafs for the front and rear along with new shocks. I think if I do that and take the factory lift blocks off it will ride better and sit level too

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't notice a big difference really. But, I didn't drive the truck for months as I was rebuilding the engine at the same time. But, there seems to be less road vibration/bumps transmitted to my butt/feet when driving it. Plus, it made turbo clearence much better.

Heath

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Body mounts are not going to affect the ride a great deal. If anything the poly mounts will be firmer than rubber!

It will be negligible though if any noticeable difference what so ever.

To alter the ride you need to attack tire pressures, springs, spring bushings and shocks...known as suspension...LOL

Just saying...

Al

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the mounts this afternoon but they didn't come with the lube and the instructions didn't say anything about the lube. Any suggestions what to use for lube? Do I need to take the seats and carpet out? This is going to be my weekend project. I LL take pictures and try to post them. I'm not sure if I can though my HTC windows phone its smarter than me lol

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got the mounts this afternoon but they didn't come with the lube and the instructions didn't say anything about the lube. Any suggestions what to use for lube? Do I need to take the seats and carpet out? This is going to be my weekend project. I LL take pictures and try to post them. I'm not sure if I can though my HTC windows phone its smarter than me lol

Well it's alot easier with no carpet for sure...

If you remove the seat n carpet you can give a quick clean of floor etc too ;)

Two bolts under the front angle upwards in the foot well one in each corner and then two behind the seat near the rear cab wall under a plastic cover/grommet

As for lube...not sure...lol

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called autozone and they said to use grease or Vaseline for lube idk. Tomorrow I'm going pull the seats and carpet so I can start soaking the old mounts. Then I'll put the front seat back in so I can still drive it the front tank has 3/4 tank of fuel.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doing this kind of job.... can you still buy the factoy steel part to go with the mounts?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Have fun, hope u have a torch, patience, beer if u can drink and a friend. This job SUCKS. If ur lucky the metal sleeves will come out with a little fight...if not lucky like myself the sleeves will be rotted and ur SOL and have to buy used or fab ur own. start soakin them nuts n bolts now. rad support is horrible, might try to get new bolts now from Ford save urself the hassle n just get em and return em if needed.

mine didnt help or harm the ride and leveled my cab but now the bed is **** eyed on my 93. Wish i left it alone.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Yes lmc has them

last time i checked they only had some. of course they're all different. at least my 93s were. hint...3" exhaust pipe 6" long and some good grade 8 alltread and flat stock works well to pull them apart...sometimes. Did to many of these and they all suck!