Body lift for 01 2500

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if any one has installed a three inch body lift on their truck or know anyone who has. my question is whats involved...i have installed body b4 but i was wondering what problems and/or mods came about with the intercooler tubes...and why does it cost almost 400 bucks?????:peelout

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
there's usually a reason they don't make them for diesels, besides the weight, you have to mess with the intercooler pipes.

I think the biggest challenge you'll have is re-welding the intercooler pipes.

A couple dudes over at TDS did that, you might want to probe around there eventhough you have a dodge, I'm sure someone can chime in.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure why you'd have to reweld the intercooler tubes....the intercooler will be lifted with the body...thus making them too long...i thought they'd have to cut. i'm not sure...i've never seen anyone do it. but my intentions are a leveling kit and 3" body and running some 38's. i'm on 35's bone stock..i dont know what i'm gonna do yet

Whit

Reaction score
Do the leveling kit first then see what ya think, with them 38's it otta plenty damn tall enough :eek:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well....38's with just the leveling kit would be kinda stuffed ....but who knows...i'm gonna check some performance shops around here and see what they say...oh ya...you can never be too tall...lol
:ThumbsUp