bobcat 853 help

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a mid to late '90s bobcat 853. It came with the wonderful condition of not moving. It runs great, boom hydraulics work, but won't move. The guy I bought it from just put in new drive chains, new gear reduction unit bearings, new smooth bucket, and brand new tires and rims. I also have the shop manual. After doing the above work he said he was backing it out of the shop, it went about 40 feet and then completely stopped, neither side would move but the boom hydraulics still worked so it wasn't the pump driveline that failed. I thought that it may be the electric emergency brake not releasing but since it rolls around I no longer believe that is the case.

Anyhow, I guess I was wondering if anybody had any experience with these or if anybody knew of any equipment forums on the net. thanks for any help. Oh, and yes I got it for a really good price.

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
When you move the hydro levers back and forth does it make the engine die if it does there is prabably a brake on if it doesn't make any noise its something different-maybe linkage hopefully

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online