Billet return caps

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Starting the installation of the aluminum caps on my dads truck.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So all I can really say...is guys like YOU and Mel, Russ, Gary, Robert, and others I am sure I am forgetting are what make this place what it is, the best place for IDI info and support...bringing products and or offering services to the members at large.

One day I'm sure I'll see these...

Thanks and I hope they come are available to all who choose them...one day!

Just amazing, have you considered brass btw?
Al

E D I T

had to add YOU in first sentence ROFL

Last edited:

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could probably do brass depending on what we have for stock at work. What would the advantage of brass be?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I imagine cost of brass is up.

But if one of the three is cheaper and easier to mill, that would be my choice.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ran truck this morning for 20 min no leaks. While it was running I was moving the caps around, there is some play less that 1/8 that I can pick them up and push them down. That should not effect them if they are up against the line or down against the injector. So far so good on these. I will probably do the other 4 tonight.

vn1500g3

Reaction score

Starting the installation of the aluminum caps on my dads truck.

Nothing like an ambitious machinist with a little time on his hands. Those caps look very nice! Outstanding work! I'm guessing you had some 6061-T6 ALU laying around not doing anything. I've thought about making a set myself for my IDI. They'll certainly last longer than the plastic ones.

I've been toying with making my set from 303 Stainless steel. I've got some left over bar stock that would make just enough with a few spares. Brass or Copper would look cool, but that stuff is stupid expensive these days.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Copper is really too soft to turn or machine. If you can machine copper your a darn good machinist. There are many types of brass available and it machines very easy too. but I think aluminum is about the best material to use. If I was going to go out of a limb and suggest a different material it would be 316 stainless or 400 series stainless because its cheaper that 300 series. If cost was not an issue Titanium is nice to machine but it sure takes some special work to machine it.. Even cold rolled steel bar stock would work great but its just a suggestion. Getting something more permanent is what I think we are trying to do here. It it were steel and the lines were welded to the caps then the only possible item that may still leak would be the o rings

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
How much would a set of these run? I know you aren't selling them yet, but I sure hope you do. ;Really

Not having to change my lines on a yearly basis would be pretty cool. As someone mentioned in your other thread - I wonder how hard it would be to do a return line manifold that's 4 caps with solid tube between them. No moving parts, and you'd never have to change lines again.