Big Ed Motor pull party!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well since the Cummins Motor is ready to install,

http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21645

it is now time to pull the IDI out of Big Ed.

I just talked to Ron and we decided that that will happen Next Saturday, Feb 9th, We had a good turnout last time, and a good time was had by all!

Anyone is invited to get your hands dirty or just to hang out and bs (that happens a lot) I will have pizza and bevrages for lunch.

Let me know if you are planning to show up!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never have a party when i pull my engines.... i should and have other people pull the engine for me... ive pulled about 5-6 7.3's and 6.9s out of ford trucks in the last year and a half!! its gettin old

good luck

i would say have fun but its not that fun of a job

matt

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I wish you weren't halfway across the country!
Have a great time with your pulling party.

Hey Mike, If you leave on Thursday you would make it in plenty of time :D

Are you going to the Rally this year? Probablly havent seeny you since 03,..?

i never have a party when i pull my engines.... i should and have other people pull the engine for me... ive pulled about 5-6 7.3's and 6.9s out of ford trucks in the last year and a half!! its gettin old

good luck

i would say have fun but its not that fun of a job

matt

Hey Matt, Sounds like your qualified! You and Ron ought to be getting good at it..

posted up in the other thread. i'm working on getting up there. i'll let you know.
chris

That would be great Chris, but don't you have enough work to do on your own truck?LOL Keep us posted, it would be great if you could make it.

So far we have

Myself,...
Ron (dieseldogcatcher)
Travis (Argve) and helper Sherman
Chris is pending,.

So far so good!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, Sounds like your qualified! You and Ron ought to be getting good at it..

i have all the bolt sizes memorized... down to the 8 mm bolt that holds the ground strap to the hood!!!

im planning on taking a break from it for a while haha

I hope the project goes well with no major accidents or broken parts.

Be careful those things are heavy!!!

Matt

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My motor will be coming out tomorrow also.... I will be changing out all the freeze plugs.... This time I will be using a sealer on them. And the big reason you probably already know and thats to change the head studs. I broke 2 of the Kens 270,000 psi studs. Really don't know how but I did. Now I have a set of ARP 200,000 psi that I have torqued 6 times to break down the friction between the nut, washer and stud plus they need to be stretched 5 times to do all this. I just went alittle more so I saw what was really happening. At 100 lbs of torque they turn about 90 degrees more as you are torqueing them down after loosening them up and retorqueing. Kinda funny anyway. Thats 34 studs times 6 times 100 lbs of torque. Really makes a guy tired fast... My tounge is really hanging out tonite. Now just need to untorque the original studs and torque down the new studs. Still plenty of work.... Y'all have fun there. I will be thinken bout ya.....;Sweet

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Big Ed Resurrection!

Hey Darrin!

We have a medic class at the FD on Sat. thru the end of Feb. Actually now into early March because last weeks class was cancelled due to the event of last week.. Man - Glen and I would love to come up, but I won't be out until after 2:00PM.... Probably work on the tractors instead since it will be too late for us to make it up your way! Hope you all have a great time. Drink a couple for us. And be safe! You never know what tomorrow holds! Baby sitters can be hard to come by when your standby is lost!
Hope to see ya all soon!

Hoss.... ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Damn it... Just got to thinking - I'm on nights now and won't get home until 6am in the morning from being up all night (13 hour shift)... damn it... So I'll have to pass unless I can sneak out of work early on Friday night/Saturday Morning.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
CRAP!....I miss all the fun stuffs :sorry: Darrin and crue....I'm a tad too far away....sounds like a fun time to be had too ;Sweet

I'm decent at getting my PSD out by myself.....be a blast having other like minded souls interfering-----er helping LOL

have fun, be safe and everyone walks away a bit smarter :cheers:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Damn it... Just got to thinking - I'm on nights now and won't get home until 6am in the morning from being up all night (13 hour shift)... damn it... So I'll have to pass unless I can sneak out of work early on Friday night/Saturday Morning.

:Whatever: -Lame ;Poke

It'll be ok there popcorn boy.Tis a long drive too having to sit at a computer and watch popcorn be made.LOL

Interfering LOL Yeah, nothing like a air hose being shot up yer pantleg when yer standing in the engine bay whilst the truck is up in the air......

Well er we do have a blast to say the least. We work while Darrin sells vehicles. ;Poke

I can't wait to get my greasy paws on that "C':smash:

Will be a good time for all that's for sure.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
be a blast having other like minded souls interfering-----er helping
If that's how it works, We'll just have to make a few calls to D&L to see how it's going.

Lets see.... about 12 calls an hour going. "So... how's the swap going?" "Are ya done yet?" "When's the pizza coming?" :rotflmao Have fun guys. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my best pirates voice....

Avast! Ye will be sorry for those of yar who partake in this debouchery! The curse of the IDI will be upon you, and no one will be safe! Mark me words.... your problems with vehicles are just startin' Turn away now and cast that demon Cummins into the abyss before it's too late! Takin' a wrench in your hand will be like puttin' a gun to yer head! You'll be cryin' and begin' fer mercy before it's all said and done you will. Arrr.....

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

That's what happens when you start thinking,. Bummer Dude, Let us know if anything changes. We could use yer Cummins expertise,..;Sweet

CRAP!....I miss all the fun stuffs Darrin and crue....I'm a tad too far away....sounds like a fun time to be had too

I'm decent at getting my PSD out by myself.....be a blast having other like minded souls interfering-----er helping

have fun, be safe and everyone walks away a bit smarter

Thanks Geo, It is tends to be a good time, not shure if we all get any smarter, but it is a good thought.

Well er we do have a blast to say the least. We work while Darrin sells vehicles.

Heck Yea, nothing wrong with that! I will have Tony here to deal with all of the cumstomers,.. They are relantess!

If that's how it works, We'll just have to make a few calls to D&L to see how it's going.

Lets see.... about 12 calls an hour going. "So... how's the swap going?" "Are ya done yet?" "When's the pizza coming?" Have fun guys.

Thought you had my back,.? Yer a lot of help, I will have Tony answering the phone. Usuall the phone will ring right when you are laying on your back elbow deep in greese!

In my best pirates voice....

Avast! Ye will be sorry for those of yar who partake in this debouchery! The curse of the IDI will be upon you, and no one will be safe! Mark me words.... your problems with vehicles are just startin' Turn away now and cast that demon Cummins into the abyss before it's too late! Takin' a wrench in your hand will be like puttin' a gun to yer head! You'll be cryin' and begin' fer mercy before it's all said and done you will. Arrr.....

Thats pretty good Mel, In my mind you even sounded like a Pirate! I will take my chances with the Curse,..Arrr,...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin