riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI

MOTORS ARE ELECTRICALLY DRIVEN

ENGINES ARE INTERNAL COMBUSTION BASED.

SO

You likely hqve 4 motors per truck Starter, wiper, heater blower and windshield washer fluid pump.

Uou have an 8cylinder engine to sell

tnthielen

Reaction score
FYI

MOTORS ARE ELECTRICALLY DRIVEN

ENGINES ARE INTERNAL COMBUSTION BASED.

SO

You likely hqve 4 motors per truck Starter, wiper, heater blower and windshield washer fluid pump.

Uou have an 8cylinder engine to sell

ROFL! I simply cannot argue with that amount of truth! :D

I've edited my posts to reflect as such... lol

So does between $400-700 sound like a reasonable price for each? The OBS has a digital odometer so that mileage is accurate whereas the bricknose has the old analog (rotary?) odometer that only shows 50k miles. It is family owned and I am the second owner so I know for a fact that it has only rolled over once.

What about oil samples? Would that help to sell these blocks to a perspective IDI buyer?

Just kicking around some ideas...

-Todd

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comp test or better yet leak down test with results. Oil analasis may help but in all honesty these sell as runners.

Bottom line get what u can and thats bout all I can say

pafixitman

Reaction score
bingo.
we're not exactly a platform gaining popularity. those who know and understand will look for it, but it takes a rare breed of critter.

What are you trying to say about us?? LOL

As mentioned, I have bought one motor off CL. It was supposed to be in the Jeep for me to hear run. When I got there it had been pulled. Considering I drove an hour, rented a trailer (F350 was down for the dropped valve at the time) and needed a motor I gambled and chopped the guy $250 bucks. I got a 4.0 Jeep motor for $200 that is still running 8 years later. If you find a desperate SOB like I was, you might get good money if they cannot hear it. For top dollar it needs to be heard IMHO.

slvrwrx

yeah, son
Reaction score
If you have a video of it running that will definitely help selling it.
Beware of craigslist scammers. Just sold my 12v not to long ago mostly scammers asking about it
but did get a lot of serious buyers. Guess $1200 was a good price for a Cummins eh Towcat? ;Really

Lol I bought towcats 6.9

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you could get more than $500 bucks around here for a used IDI engine whether pulled or not heck I see PSD's pretty regularly for under $800 and IDI's for $250. The 150k one you could probably get over $500 if marketed properly. Of course if you live in a very populated area (I don't) you might get alot more than what it would command here in the land of old farm trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online