Been Playing with Aircraft Stripper & a Polisher Again.

sparksrides

Reaction score
Hey guys great read on polishing. I am new to this site but not PSD trucks or other forms. I also work for a company that has 6 mack tri axle dump trucks and 1 Peterbilt tractor with a low boy trailer all with alcoa aluminum wheels as well as aluminum fuel tanks and tons of chrome. The chrome is no problem but that damn aluminum is so much work to keep up with . I kinda have the polishing routine down but your tips have helped. My question is can i use clear coat paint to seal in the shine so i don't have to re polish every couple of weeks or is their some kind of sealer or something to keep my work looking good? Thanks for the help and I am really glad to be here:Thumbs Up

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ no tried it.. after polished, there is no "adhesion" left to the rim.... CC rubs right off.

I have heard mop and glo works, but never tried.. takes long enough to poilsh 4-12 hours per set of 4 rims, I don't want to eff up that effort with additives.

Mothers Billet is an excellent hand polish for the final/maintenance.. I used the Zephyr green metal polish for a final too, and am way impressed.

I buy my Bars from the Pete Dealer, wheels too.. this is the link to the website of the brand I use.

Zephyr's Website

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANd I have found red wheel.. or the braided muslim one, looks like rope.. braided hemp rope.. and a black bar, the heavy cut bar.. you don't need to eff with sandpaper, or aircraft stripper.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
you guys should try this for finish polishing w the machine then quick use it by hand http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/ It works awesome. I do my wheels ,stainless,chrome, and alum diamond plate once in the spring and again in the fall. and where are you guys gettin the aircraft stripper. I need to do a set of wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I can get it at Farm and Fleet and Menards around me, It comes in spray cans and gallon jugs under the name Tal-Strip I think.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't have this kind of time, and you don't have your wheels dismounted from your tires.... I've found that a variable speed buffing wheel with 3m rubbing compound works really well to get a nice shine out of a neglected wheel (after the clear coat is already removed - my wheels are raw eagle alloys)

With the wheel face up on the ground you can work your way around the wheel pretty easily with the buffing wheel keeping it moving, carefull around the valve stem.

I spend about 10 minutes on one wheel I had off due to a flat - now the rest of my wheels look like crap in comparison!