Beating a dead horse (turbo question)

Koolaidmoney

Reaction score
So I'm looking at buying a banks kit for for my 91. The kit came off a truck with a c6 trans and I have a e4od in my truck. I have been searching trying to find an answer so I didn't have to make a post but couldn't find a 100% clear answer. I know the manual pipes won't fit on the auto trans but is there a difference on the piping between the c6 and e4od? Only thing I have found is there might be an issue with the shift linkage being in the way and I'm also assuming the dip stick tube with the kit would be different. I just want to be sure I can use this kit before I fork out the money for it.

Thanks
Zach

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think the turbo kit will fit and you shouldn't have a problem with the shifter linkage. you will need a different dip stick tube, I found that a tube from an e4od PSD fits really well with a few minor bends and can be put in place with the turbo fully installed.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the piping will fit. Big difference between the auto & manual setups is that the manual bell housing comes out horizontally about 3/4" from back of the engine and then curves down, whereas the automatic has an immediate curve. This gives about 1/2-3/4" more space between the floor pan and trans in this region, and the automatic piping is routed slightly differently to take advantage of this extra space. Manual piping should fit on an automatic, but not the other way around.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which banks kit are you looking at? If it is the newer sidewinder kit(with the cone filter, not the big square air box) there is no difference. Pulled my kit from an e4od truck and mounts it on my zf equipped truck. Should clear a c6 as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle