Banks turbo

Zbmonster

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at buying a truck that has a banks turbo kit on it and I wanted to know what the differences are in the banks turbos and how much boost they are good for

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple different banks turbo kits one is wastegated and there is a older style non wastegated turbo kit. The wasted gated turbo will do about 10psi before the wastegate opens. The noneastegated turbo won't spool as quickly but will boost more as there is fuel, following the instructions on instal you turn the fuel up on your pump a 1/16 turn and it will boost about 7-9 psi but will boost more if you turn the pump up more. The wastegated turbo is better it's more responsive and the wastegate can be adjusted to let it build more boost.

Zbmonster

Reaction score
The truck is a 92 and it already has a turbo on it and it says banks sidewinder on it and I know it's not the square intake box when I go look at it i will see if I can see a wastegate

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I can see what looks like a wastegate on the turbo but this is wat the turbo looks like can you tell which one it is

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
installation of the 2nd generation banks turbo sidewinder kit (w/instructions & pics)

they're nice turbo kits.just as responsive as running n/a.there is no lag.press the skinny and just go.....just a whole lot quicker than n/a.:cool:

my chip truck has 3.55 gearing.whenever i used my dump trailer and needed to haul the truck and trailer full of wood,i kinda wished i had 4.10 gearing.
i installed an intercooler and a bull moose and since lost all desire for 4.10's with this truck.of course if i hauled a 5ver or larger trailer with heavy equipment,i wouldn't keep 3.55's (well,id use the f450 since i have one) but otherwise it goes very nicely.it's a nice well rounded turbo for working.i like it so much i put the same one on my log truck as shown in the article there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online