Banks trans command

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Okay can some one please tell me in so many words or less what it is & what it does. It would be going on my truck, E4OD with a ATS turbo.

Or at least aim me at a thread on it.... :confused:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
it increases the line pressures so that the trans doesn't slip as easily. Yes it works. When I installed the turbo on the Enterprise I did not install the Banks trans command until after a couple three days so that I could see the effect of the turbo by it's self and then see the effect of the banks Command. It also holds the shifts out just a tad longer not a bunch but slightly.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would say probably not because there is more than one way to skin a cat. Basically you are already doing it's job.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
computer mods to a trans like that arent all that great...the can break the stock springs inside the valve body. i always perfer hard parts (shift kit) over the electrono "shift kits".

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i had a Transcommand on my SD when i got it and this year it fried, throwing the trand into limp mode. the box had corroded under the truck and shorted out inside.

took it to the ford dealer and one of their techs rewired it back to stock. trans works fine now and i really dont notice a difference in how it shifts, still mushy as ever.

i agree i would like to have a shift kit and a better TC and i would be happier with how my SD performs. if i could get the 4R100 to shift like my C6 does that would be **** deluxe.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the Superior Pressure Riser does about the same thing, at a fraction of the price. And if it failed the only thing that would happen would the shifts would go back to stock.

69Oiler, get a Pressure Riser. They have 3 levels plus stock, you can set higher for pushing snow or towing and drop down for around town driving.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the valve body in my truck recently and went with a VBX reconditioned unit. Its a bit pricey at $250+ core (they since raised the price to $280), but man does the trans shift nice now. Very firm and assertive, but never quite gets to the point of being a hard clunk. Light throttle shifts are much better. Its actually better than the C6 I originally had in this truck.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
From what I understand the Superior Pressure Riser does about the same thing, at a fraction of the price. And if it failed the only thing that would happen would the shifts would go back to stock.

69Oiler, get a Pressure Riser. They have 3 levels plus stock, you can set higher for pushing snow or towing and drop down for around town driving.

i have found the pressure riser for the E4OD but the cutoff is '98. they do not list one for the 4R100 here

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/high_performance_700r4_transmiss.htm