Banks Exhaust

BigSix

Reaction score
Don't know about the '03s but a friend has a Banks exhaust on his '95. It sounds good and authorative outside but not much different inside. Sounds like a good compromise. I hate drone in the cab but I love that Cummins sound. A neighbor has a 2nd gen straight piped. It sounds great when he goes by but I wouldn't wan't to take a trip in it. Have you ever run next to a building or concrete barrier with your stock exhaust and rolled the right rear window down to listen to it? The stock exhaust has a nice tone to it but not too much volume. I'm thinking a 4" ID glass pack would make a nice exhaust note if it would last. I've always like the sound of "new" glass packs on gas engines with headers. Smooth and mellow with a nice bark and no fart can racket.

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
Well I finally put the Banks exhaust on last friday. Not really any louder unless you get on it a little different tone. Exhaust temps are running cooler and going by the overhead there will be a increase in mpg. I will know when I put the pencil to it. Still have a little drone at certain rpm about like the stock exhaust. Nothing I can't live with. I had been holding out for a MBRP they were suppose to come out with a full 4" downpipe like the Banks but last I head they were having some problem with a vendor.