Bad sound on a fresh rebuild (video)

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake,

I agree a compression test is in order next. But I would do all the cylinders not just #1.

If you do not have a pop tester, as bbjordan suggested you can move the injector to another cylinder and see what happens.

When you pull the injector out of the offending cylinder you may also find that the copper washer that seals the injector has failed or did not seal correctly. Or maybe some dirt, grime, or a bug got into the fuel line or the injector while they were off. Now causing a issue with the injector.

If compression and injector are good, time to send the IP to someone to run a test.

I will keep my fingers crossed it is not the engine having the issue, rather the injection system.

The OTC compression tester is pretty decent. I had to buy a glow plug adaptor for it. Harbor Freight has a diesel kit, some suggest they have to shorten the glow plug adapter to get it to seat in the glow plug hole.
You have to shorten it, no question.
It can be seen in my video:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Also @Big Bart I just saw you're in Newport Beach. I've got some family not to far from you that i visit from time to time. Nice area, certainly a good break from the midwest prairie.
Look me up next time you are in town. We can grab a meal or a drink. Go for ride in the “Rancho” as my kids call it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online