B model Mack questions

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freightrain said:
Oh well. I can't have anymore anyway........stupid freak'n township!!!

I'm think'n maybe a D8 with a BIG blade to just kinda let them know that I should be allowed to do as I please? Just something subtle........

I know what you mean. Within a year, I hope to finish building our new home on a large, PRIVATE piece of property where I can do or own what I please. :backoff

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
B Model!

Hey Guys!

I have a 1965 Mack B755, 325hp V8, 15spd. tri-plex. I grew up with that truck and wouldn't give it up for the world!!!!!!! I've been offered $15k for it and I still wouldn't let it go! It is in running condition, but does need some TLC and restoring. Nothing like the sound of an old V8 to make your blood run fast! Love the twin stick! I would like to find a source for the old B Model parts myself too.

Hoss.... ;Sweet

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Hoss, you got the one on Ebay? blue one? SWEET!!!

Depending on what you are needing, lots of NOS stuff and alot of repop stuff available thru Watts Mack in PA.

I know the fellow with alot of B model stuff you need to get in touch with, Oldmacksrus.com Mike Harbison is the guys name and he's the king of B model. He and his boy can rattle off numbers and specs like a waterfall in spring. Tell'm that Freightrain sent ya!

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need to make a pilgrimage out my way. HUGE Mack salvage yard out here.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Just so I can sit and cry cause I can't take it with me?? LOL!!!!

Loved to find a 250hp motor for mine! Cheap!!! Cheap!!! That would make'r sing.

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That place is about 2 and half hours from where I am. Wouldnt be too bad of a ride once the weather gets nicer. Would be a nice weekend if you are allowed to walk around the yard. Have you ever been there? Do they have a lot of trucks?

Chris

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're closed on the weekends.
I've been there at least 50 times.

They probably have ~1,000 salvage trucks of all brands. Probably have
~20-30 Macks at any given time. They have some really old Osh Koshs, Autocars, etc.

There's 2 drawbacks: Weather must be good because it's a mudpit when it's wet/snowy (like now) and it's pretty disorganized in back where the salvage trucks are. Kinda scary actually. LOL