Auto Insurance and our trucks.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question.

Right now i am on my parents policy. My truck costs $4** every 6 months for liability.

I have 3 speeding tickets and i am 18.

Thegeneral.com gave me a $1100 a year quote where i could put $5** down and pay one payment of the other $5** and im set for the year. Seems like a great deal. And even though it doesnt matter to them, i havent even had a ticket with the diesel.

That seems like a good price but i was wondering what some of you guys pay. Truck is in my sig. I know my driving record will sooner or later hurt my parents insurance so i would like to get my own to help them out.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$40 for full coverage, give take $5, all my Fords, e.g. : Bronco's, IDI's, and the Centurion.

AmFam or Farmers, think I am actually less on the Farmers policy, and I have had two tickets in the last 3 years, 39.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo! I am an insurance agent in VA and if you would like another quote give me a call. i might be able to help 804 748 7708. It's not a terrible price for what you got goin on though.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo! I am an insurance agent in VA and if you would like another quote give me a call. i might be able to help 804 748 7708. It's not a terrible price for what you got goin on though.

Well my driving history is as follows.
Speeding - 71 in a 55
Speeding - 67 in a 45 ( Was only written as speeding because i honestly didnt know i was in a 45 )
Speeding - 60 in a 45 ( again, unfamiliar area, didnt know it was a 45 )

I will give you a call within the next few days. I will most likely look to make the switch to my own around the first of the year. What company are you with ?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Was 1100 a year for liability, who knows after this accident. I'm 19, no tickets and previously clean record.

Allstate sucks.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have 3 cars, 1 bike, 3 houses and some other stuff with Allstate. But if i get a cheaper price, im not going to be loyal to them. I need something in my best intrest, not theirs.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am an independant agent which means i work with a number of companies to find the best rates for all kinds of drivers. Likely i owuld be looking at quotes through Alfa vision and Titan Insurance comapnies for a young driver with some tickets.

Nick Navistar (who i made up) is 18. resides in zip 22485, has three general speeding tickets (no reckless, no accidents, no comp claims), has below average credit, he has no lapse in coverage since he is coming off his parents policy, drives a 1986 f250 diesel with liability insurance only. This fictional person with no resemblence to anyone in particular would be paying approx $38.61 (~464/yr) a month for liability coverage.
Could happen, just sayin.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am an independant agent which means i work with a number of companies to find the best rates for all kinds of drivers. Likely i owuld be looking at quotes through Alfa vision and Titan Insurance comapnies for a young driver with some tickets.

Nick Navistar (who i made up) is 18. resides in zip 22485, has three general speeding tickets (no reckless, no accidents, no comp claims), has below average credit, he has no lapse in coverage since he is coming off his parents policy, drives a 1986 f250 diesel with liability insurance only. This fictional person with no resemblence to anyone in particular would be paying approx $38.61 (~464/yr) a month for liability coverage.

Cool, so you'll help me find the best quote. Good to know.

As for my credit, i only have one credit card which i no longer have and payments have been kept with perfectly. Im not sure if it has reported on my credit yet. If not, then i have no credit.

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Please please please tell me you can help someone in Texas out withsomething like this. 90$ a month for liability is crazy.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys got it easy... honest to God i pay 145 a month for liability. My truck is in my sig. I have i think one ticket on my record which was deviating from a centerline. I am through progressive. If i could get 40 a month or even 80 i would be happier than a pig in sh*$. I looked at full coverage just for s and g's and it would be like 240 or something like that. Help ME! lol

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry guys all i can do is write in VA. I recommend shopping beyond the companies you see on TV. Find good independant agents who write with lots of companies. There are companies out there that don't rate based on credit, or who don't mind a couple tickets. oyu just gotta look to find them in your area.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry guys all i can do is write in VA. I recommend shopping beyond the companies you see on TV. Find good independant agents who write with lots of companies. There are companies out there that don't rate based on credit, or who don't mind a couple tickets. oyu just gotta look to find them in your area.

You are going to be a life saver for me, i can already tell. LOL;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got busted for illegal drag racing when I was 18. got put into the kali assigned risk program. $3600/yr even though I was still a full-time student.
that freakin' hurt the wallet.-cuss-cuss-cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please please please tell me you can help someone in Texas out withsomething like this. 90$ a month for liability is crazy.
justin-
State Farm has been really good to me. I have my personal stuff through them in two states. TX and CA have different rules for policies and I have two different agents. Still, the combination of both policies have netted some deep discounts. Especially when you start getting houses involved.
On my commercial side, I used to go through progressive but moved to Farmers two years ago due to the discounts on insuring my towtrucks.;Sweet

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I'm 16 and my insurance on all of my vehicles within the same class (93f250,93f350,96f350). They have all been $53 each for 3 months of liability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online