ats turbo boost

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
I have a non-wastegate ats turbo on my truck it only puts out 5-6 psi running hard. The truck has a 7.3 in it with the pump turned up I think 1/4 turn w/stock pump+inj, zf5 trans. I was wondering if rebuilding the turbo would possibly result in more boost/power. Also I noticed the turbo-I assume- makes a wooshing noise coming off high idle it has the stock filter and open 3" exhaust w/ 5 in stacks.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS Turbo

I have a 93 IDI with the Ats nonwastgated Turbo with a ZF also. ;Really
And I rebuilt it and only get 6 lb boost also.
I called ATS and they told me I think it was 5-7 Lb of boost is what it puys out.
So what you got is what you got.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good testimonial for Hypermax. I have their non-wastegate system on my 6.9 motorhome. 12 psi on a good pull - 13 1/2 with the propane on.

Jim

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ats Turbo

I think you are right. :thumbsup:
I just bought a used Hypermax.
Before I bought it I called Hypermax to find out the max boost and they said 10 to 12 Psi.
The bad thing is I need the pipes from the manafold to the Turbo and Hypermax wants $150.00 each. :puke:

Black dawg

Reaction score
on mine i have the pump up a 1/4 turn and make about 9psi max but seems to average about 7psi. more fuel will make more boost, whats your egt? this is the 3rd non gated ats ive had, and they will make over 10 psi with more fuel, and 12 to 13 psi with lots of fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin