Anyone running Jet A with stanadyne mixed in on their 6.9

Team Dirt

Reaction score
My buddy sells aviation fuel and just gave me 2 barrels of jet A that was drained from a tank and can’t be sold for airplane use now. He has been running it in his 2000 Cummins for a few years now with no issues. He is mixing in standyne for some lubrication as jet A is pretty dry I guess. Just wondering if anyone has ran it in a 6.9 and if so any issues. It’s my bush truck so not a daily driver by any means.

Natehimself36

Reaction score
My buddy sells aviation fuel and just gave me 2 barrels of jet A that was drained from a tank and can’t be sold for airplane use now. He has been running it in his 2000 Cummins for a few years now with no issues. He is mixing in standyne for some lubrication as jet A is pretty dry I guess. Just wondering if anyone has ran it in a 6.9 and if so any issues. It’s my bush truck so not a daily driver by any means.

Yes you can run it. I would mix with diesel justto be safe. 50/50 . If course I'm sure you could run 100% no problem. I run WMO fuel and it contains a lot of jet a because of where I get the oil. These motors burn about anything if it's slippery and flammable

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for these motors specifically, but the military runs JP5 and JP8 in just about all their diesels. It isn’t exactly the same as A (5 has a higher flash point, not sure of the other issues), but most of the aircraft can run those and A.

I bet someone will chime in with details why it works.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put two stroke oil in my fuel for lubrication. Does it work? I don't know but it makes me feel better.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 55 gallons of Jet A also drained & unable to be reused. Was just to dry like kerosene & had to add WMO to run right in my 6.9. It was free but I didn't use anymore.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have run a 7.3 for 35k miles on jet A mixed with ashless two stroke and never had any problems. My mix was 2oz of oil per 5 gallons of fuel. I might have also run the same mixture in my ALH for 65k miles. Run it and buy your friend a case of beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Dirt

Reaction score
I might have run a 7.3 for 35k miles on jet A mixed with ashless two stroke and never had any problems. My mix was 2oz of oil per 5 gallons of fuel. I might have also run the same mixture in my ALH for 65k miles. Run it and buy your friend a case of beer.

The beer has been bought and drank already!! Thanks for the info. Those 2 barrels should last me quite awhile. Cheers

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Run it. Sump fuel is like free money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7