Anyone running ceramic brake pads?

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Been considering putting ceramic pads on the front of my '02 F350. Anyone ever run ceramics on a diesel? How were they. My main reason is brake dust elimination, not really worried about rotor wear at this point. Towing is very minimal if ever, but I'd like to hear any experiences you guys got.

T.I.A. fellas

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above is very true!! A true ceramic pad will require several hard brake attempts to bring the pad up a few hundred degrees to get any bite. However the "ceramic" pads that are being sold for non racing applications are not full ceramic and for good reason! Have you considered PFC? That company sells carbon metallic pads and they work very well and have little to no dust and rotor life is great! Replace the rotors at the same time! The rotors for 4x4 trucks are dirt cheap and will provide the longest service life. Don't bother having them turned it just causes more issues as the thickness is not all that great to begin with.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put them on the front of 2002 excursion purchased them from oreilly, I like them no dust.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know what my pads are, but when in Canada in 08, got them from NAPA up there and no dust, cost was $140 US for the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin