Anyone near Lincoln City Oregon?

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently moved to the area and need to repair my truck. Unfortunatly I live in a apartment and am not allowed to even check my oil here. I only need to pull the valve covers and inspect the valvetrain on my 6.9, I hope it's just a bent push rod. A enclosed garage would be incredibly nice but isnt necessary, just some place I can get under the hood without getting rained on or at least wont have to move it while its opened up for few hours. I was thinking of just going to a parking lot at night but the thought of a cop telling me to move it or lose it is a scary thought in a new town.
I dont have much money but can bring drinks and food if anyone wants to make a short day of it. Im a decent mechanic, built my Cherokeeon my own and know my way around a motor so if you need something worked on I can help with that.
I'm not working right now so my schedule is wide open.

Thanks, Jeremy
Just cause I like showing it off, heres my other toy
You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think all of us Oregon guys are east of the coastal mountains. Its a couple hour drive from here.

Why do you want to check the valvetrain? Running rough or something?

I wouldnt really worry about doing it in a parking lot, I think there is a safeway and Walmart in lincoln city you could do it in. If a police officer harasses you tell them you are adding some oil or something.

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a exhaust valve isnt opening, its puffing and popping out the intake. I was towing a decent sized trailer up up a hill on the freeway and downshifted to 3rd, revved it a little and it started puffing. still runs, really not good to drive it but gotto do what I gotto do. Im not sure how many miles is on the truck, ODO says 87K so I thought it was 187K at most but when I replaced the injectors I got the old ones tested just for giggles. The guy said they were eaten up pretty good from excessively high milage, didnt look like water damage, just many miles. I know the guy I bought the truck from had a pretty worn out 89 F250 and I noticed I had shot 7.3 GP's in my truck so it is possible he swapped out the injectors with his and the truck doesnt have high miles? Its all just guess at this point. I just need to open it up, the other reason for not doing it in a parking lot is rain.
Thanks, Jeremy

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I think type4 and I are closest to you. I would be willing to tow it to a good place (cough cough, Russ?) if your up for a weekend. I live in beaverton but drive all over the state for various reasons.

Their are a lot of good guys on here. We will get you fixed up, just dont get in to big a hurry.

punk

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds AWSOME :) Im in no real hurry. I have it for sale but if I can get it running I am keeping it :) If I cant get it running I can make somebody on here a deal. Let me know when and where and Im game. I dont even have any parts yet so let me know game plans. I have another ride so if you guys need anything let me know and I can come out.
Jeremy

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
punkmechanic called me and I'm up to lend a hand if needed. I live in Bend, but a trip to the coast sounds fun. I have a tandem axle car trailer, so there's no need to "tow". Just add me to the list of lending hands and keep us informed. Wal-Mart will have the vehicle towed if you are trying to do any mechanical work because it's considered a liability to them since it's their parking lot (Happened to my mother-in-law's Suburban, so I know first hand). PM me your number and I'll reply back with mine.

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW guys, Im truley in awe. In less then a day many people that dont know me from squat have not only offered me help but are willing to go thru so much trouble to do it.
Thank for making me feel like im not on my own out here:)
Mr. Williams, I sent my number. Ill start a post tomorrow with all symtoms to get a better idea of what parts to get.
Thanks a ton guys, now I have the motovation to finally fix my truck. I've been feeling really defeated by it lately.

Jeremy

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I am personally responsible for k williams1982 (kenneth for the informed lol) truck being on the road. I have had my share (or more than) of being hard up with no where to turn. i make it my job to help out when and where I can. Their are many more just like me on here. thats what makes us the best idi forum on the net, no questions asked- hands down- no back talk. The people on here are the best and we make it a habit to prove it over and over.

welcome and keep your rig. It will do you right and out live most of the trucks on the road today with a little tlc from you.

punk

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
You can count me in as well, I'm bout 30 minutes from the Beaverton Hillsboro area (if you happen to bring it that way from LC) or would be up to heading to LC to help out. My first guess might be a broken rocker if it's got the old style ones in it.

Chris

pafixitman

Reaction score
I am no where near by, but I can atest to this board. I dropped a valve on vacation 2 years ago. Long story short...we (my wife and two kids) spent 4 days in a members front yard, and he took off from work to help me repair the truck. Parts were Fed Exed from all over the east coast. The members on this board are the best!

Good luck with the repair.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have relatives in LC and maybe we could tow it there and work on it outside, I will find out. I am booked solid next weekend so it wont be then.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I am personally responsible for k williams1982 (kenneth for the informed lol) truck being on the road.

You helped me a lot on this one (Especially a remove/remove/install of a transmission job in one day;Sweet - also removed and installed the turbo that same day:D). I have family in town and work for the next week, but open after that. Weekends work best for me, so just keep me in the loop on this and we can get it figured out. DON'T give up on your truck no matter what. I almost did on my last one, but punk and everyone else on here helped changed my mind. They've also helped me either "hands-on" or with their advice to get my current truck running like it is now.:hail Thanks everyone!

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was good talking to you Kenneth, It really got my faith back into my truck.
Im in no rush and am willing to get it where ever we need it. Where ever would be best for you guys would be best for me. Im definetley excited about this, I cant wait to finally get to drive my truck again.
It currently runs and I feel confident I would be able to drive it where ever it needs to go. Im able to work around any schedule so just let me know when and where is best for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor