Anyone interested in a Greasecar Veggie Fuel System Setup ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am buying a 1986 F250 tomorrow with a greasecar setup in it. On greasecars site it says this kit is around $1600. I believe its around a 20 gallon diamond plate fuel tank ( they only have a 40 gallon diamond plate on their site so i guess they dont sell this size anymore ), heater, all the fuel line, 2 different fuel gauge pods with switch to turn the system on and whatever else is on the truck that goes with the kit. The tank is in a Husky chrome diamond plate toolbox that i will also sell with it. Its cool but i am just not worried running veggie fuel and going around and collecting it and all. The greasecar website specifys that the same kit works on 80-94. So any IDI i guess.

Im thinking maybe $800 for the kit but if someone is interested ill definitely listen to offers. Ill post pictures up tomorrow once i get the truck.

- I dont really want to ship because of the tank
- I will deliver the set-up but i will need a fuel deposit before i leave, i dont want to drive a while just to have someone change their mind. I would like to stay within 150-200 miles if i deliver.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you were closer we would talk about a turbo trade.

But I am not paying shipping for that beast from VA to ID.. imagine similar to a ZF 6speed, and that was $350.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you were closer we would talk about a turbo trade.

But I am not paying shipping for that beast from VA to ID.. imagine similar to a ZF 6speed, and that was $350.

I wouldnt think it would be more than $150 to ship it. I believe the tank is diamond plate aluminum, that would be the difference between a small fortune and a reasonable amount. I am going to get the truck today so i will take some pictures. I would entertain a turbo trade though.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might want this from you I'll pm you...:dunno

Just let me know. Ill most likely be pulling all the components wednesday or thursday. I can get pictures installed though if someone would like to see it now. And the tank just might be the 40 gallon tank, i need to measure it to find out.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool.. makes me wish mine was a Picjup.. I am sure it could be modded out of the box....

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully alll of this is coming out Sunday or Monday.

I would be interested in trading for some train horns, turbo ( doesnt need to be a kit ), new brake controller plus cash.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will entertain shipping except the tool box wont be included. Just the tank.

Send me your zip code for a shipping quote. If it means i sell it, ill cut into my price a little depending on the quote. Ill have to see how heavy the tank is. I might be able to put up a flat shipped price soon.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in a trade for a set of tires. My truck is stock height so nothing bigger than maybe a 31" or 32" or whatever that equates to in a metric size. Im running an 8" wheel so nothing bigger than 12.50. I would like a M/T or a nice A/T.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285/75/16 is where you want to be. not quite a 33, right at 11" wide, and they look right on there.

Your stock tires are a 32. (31.7)

Metric brake down

235/25.4= 9.25" wide
85 is a %, double it.. multiply that by the 9.25 = 15.7

Add that number to rim size = 31.72

Works with ANY metric sizing, the % and /25.4 are mathematical constants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online