Anyone in Las Vegas area or SW? Need a place to work.

StevieV

Reaction score
I'm traveling in my converted E350 van/ambulence, my rear brakes started dragging and warped the drums. I'm looking for a place to work where I wont get hassled. It pains me to pay someone to do this task.

Does anyone have a driveway, yard or pad that I can work in for a day, maybe two? I have tools, jacks jackstands etc. Just looking for a place that is close to an autoparts store in case I have a need.

The rig still drives fine, so I can travel wherever. AZ, SoCal? This could be fun... Maybe?

Thanks for reading!
~Steve
907-382-4022

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
You can probably go to a truck stop and do it. Go as far back on the truck lot as possible. Just buy everything you might need before you start and return everything you don't use.

When I lost my alternator belt, I limped to a truck stop nearby without power brakes and waited until the next morning so the engine could be cold. That's the further back belt, so all the others had to come off first and I didn't care to burn myself on the hot engine and radiator. No one said anything to me other than truck drivers asking if I needed help while I was removing and installing the belts.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'm down near Yuma at an LTVA, by the way.

I just did the front and rear brakes/wheel seals on my RV several months ago. Make sue you do the seals while you have the drums off.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Apple Valley,Ca
I have an 18x24 pad you can park on and use. I have A-Zone,Orileys,PB and Napa about 20 min away.