Anyone Got A Lifetime Warranty Autozone Starter?

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone Got A Lifetime Warranty Autozone Starter? Need Ur Ph Number!!

Ended up finding the guy that used to have the shop he used his home phone ! it took alot of leg work but now i have a new starter that seems to work better than the last one even before it burnt up

Last edited:

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Usually their reman starters have a bar code sticker for identification. Just take it off and tell them that your mechanic put it on..........they SHOULD replace it without any hassle. Their warranty is good as long as you own the vehicle it shouldnt matter who put it on for you. Also you might take the shops phone number with you. I am on my 4th autozone starter and only got a hard time once when taking it in because the starter still worked but had a bad spot where it wouldnt start. They did exchange it but gave me some hassle that time since it checked out OK on their test stand. The starters arent very good but when one goes bad it is a good feeling to not have to pay for another one.

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stuck on needing to know the phone number the warranty is filed unde.r

The sticker is still very readable has the barcod and 16561 or whatever the part number is.

It just sucks that i might have to buy another 140$ starter and trade this one that i already paid that for in as a core.

I was kinda hoping one of my idi brethren could share a ph number they have thiers filed under.

And i had gave them the shops ph number i dont know if the guy used his personal number or what. I tried my ph number aswell thinking maybe the shop guys filed it under my name haha.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
most store don't keep phone numbers for other stores. just take it in an tell them it is only a year old they should change out.

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man ive tried everything but going in there with a ski mask to try to persuade them

They wont exchange without a phone number And they have a nationwide database to store warranty info thats one thing ive always liked about autozone when you have the info filed regardless of where you are if the part breaks

You can carry it in say hi im joe blow ph number 555-555-5555 and this fits my ford diesel

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I guess that is why I shop at advanced alot easer to deal with

You could just give them your phone number.

Last edited:

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im stuck with oreamlys and autozone i wish we had a better selection in town.

There was an advanced that bought out the western auto but they went out of buisness.

If anyone can help me and doenst mind pm some info it would be greatly appreciated

I had asked one guy at autozone about buying a solenoid he said there not offered but earlier on the website i came across one for 39.99 its alot better than having to buy a new starter as i think thats all that is wrong with mine..

Hopefully

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the solenoid on my starter, got it from O'reilly for about 40 bucks.

Don't forget the local starter rebuilders, either, they bay be able to hook you up.

Greg

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this place i live in sucks for buisness's There used to be a starter alt rebuild shop they shut down.

Its too rural for stuff like that to survive.

I was really hoping someone would be like yeah i have an autozone starter use my ph number I think the parts stores should honor the product regardless of whom bought it it still has the sticker the other guy mentioned with the correct autozone p/n

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. The people at that store are being stupid. I work part time at AutoZone, and have returned many things under warranty without a phone number. It's not that hard to do. What I would do is go to AutoZone.com, write an email stating your problem and which store you are dealing with, and I can guarantee you that your starter will get replaced for free really fast.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talk to the manager, if that doesnt solve it then go above. thats how the retail hell..i mean world..works.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Hey I feel your pain man I don't deal with autozone because the one in my area is chit for service. When you try to warranty stuff they just give you hell, and they are completely obnoxious about everything. I haven't had extremely good luck with their parts either. Whats a lifetime warranty if I have to spend my time putting in the part 5 times before I get a decent one. I normally just go to NAPA bite the bullet and pay the extra money, but this may be because I know the manager there and if anything goes wrong with my parts she will hook me up. Of course NAPA doesn't work how autozone does the managers there aren't "controlled" by the corporation they are basically independent the way she explains it.

The e-mail idea is great man because you get a big boss screamin in their ear they will jump for you.

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its retarded. I had tried to apply at autozone they wouldnt hire me hired a mexican boy that is bi lingual to communcate with illegals.

he doenst know the difference between a glow plug and a spark plug but they hired someone that has less knowledge of cars soley on his ethnicity and bilingual status.

They also hire based on gender rather than qualifications

Im on the phone right now with the manager he is saying they have a new system that only allows warranty to be filed based on either phone number or drivers lic ##

Last edited:

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i talked to the manager that i know and he was able to GIVE me a solenoid

However that didnt fix my problem So im still trying to exchange my old starter.

This has been the biggest ordeal i hate that top third bolt also it was almost worth paying that shop to do it i just wish they had put the warranty in my name.

Parts i do however had on warranty if i can help someone else are both front calipers front brake pads fuel pump and alternator

Id really appreciate the help if anyone has the lifetime autozone starter like mine pn is 16561 i think there the same on the 7.3 aswell

Or if anyone local has a good used starter im willing to buy or trade you out of it let me know your asking price.

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the same starter as a 6.9L engine? If so I put a life time starter on mine. I put it under my MIDAS account. I'll look tonight to see if it is there. If it's the same starter, and I can find mine, our MIDAS is in the computer 20 times, PM me, and I'll give you their phone number.

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online