Another Fuel leak

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
After a hard start and cruising in the Beef today I smelled fuel again! :mad:
Dug around in the usual spots, low and behold the filter head is leaking good. -cuss

Anybody have a spare 7.3L van filter head assembly.
Seems to be the sensor or the heater assembly in the top of the fuel filter head where the fuel is coming from and doesn't look repairable. :confused:
I don't have a van book and am not sure I can dig into it to replace it as it appears to be plastic and I gave up my spare truck filter head assembly.

Any thoughts?

88E350

Reaction score
I have one from an 88 E350 , complete, no leaks, w a new filter used 10 miles. can send pic. pm me.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I found today talking with my buddy at NAPA that the van filter heads are similar to the truck ones.
It looks like all I have to do is disassemble the filter head and remove the heater plate and replace the o-ring underneath is as that is what has appeared to have gone bad.
Anybody have a part number for the o-ring?

I have a good stash of o-rings but I am sure they will degrade with the diesel fuel. :puke:

Thanks for the offers......Just one mre thing on the never ending list of PRTJ as time approaches.
Heck, the rate I'm going, the Beef just might make a rally yet.........Sorry Travis. :Sly

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Ron,

I've found out that anything to do with the fuel filter heads are Ford only parts. A decent parts guy can get a blow up parts list and find the parts you need. I did that when the little washer in the fuel bowl drain was leaking. Ford only. I contacted the local International dealer with no luck.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
when i bought my truck everything on the filter leaked.

International dealer had all the parts. altogether I may have spent $30, but I've replaced all the top parts (air bleed, vac sensor, etc) and the whole bottom spin on peice, also replaced the water drain valve.

no leaking now. ford is hard to get parts from, they consider these trucks antique, international still has them in use.

dp

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Ford Van filter setup, and IH setup are the same. The F series setup is the one that IH never used.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
*shrugs*
either way lott's diesel (international dealer here) stocks an absolute ton of 6.9/7.3 parts, alot of the motocraft parts.

they told me I'm one of three people around here driving one of these trucks.... good for me I guess, nice supply of extra peices :)