Alternative diesel fuel

I Bleed Blue

Reaction score
Every one calm your **** lol. I’m just curious as to what others are doing... thanks for the info though guys. Ive just been filtering down using a pump but I also use trans fluid which is a little cleaner than most other oils. even after it’s been used!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever floats your boat. This forum isn't about "... or don't do it at all. " it's about helping people out.

Your also giving advice on biofuel to a man running wmo as indicated in the first post. Just trying to advise you do heed your words. I don’t give advice on biofuel as I’m not familiar. You should do the same to people running wmo

Cactus Bob

Reaction score
honestly i burn everything . not in my 7.3 idi but in an old Volvo Diesel wagon . use a 2 stage filter first and let it sit for a week just to double check and then pour it in the tank have been doing this for 19 years, well over 250,000 miles on everything from old gasoline to waste motor oil. just keep your mixtures within reason and understand the noises your engine makes and know when it's not happy.

someday my IDI will see the same fuels ,just right now it's all too new and way too much money has been spent rebuilding the engine and fuel system.

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we use straight fryer oil (filtered only). To me "biofuel" is just adding lye (is it?) diesel, etc. They're puttin ina plant 4 it here. We cheep out, triple filter down the hill like above, start/stop (just 5 min) on 1 tank (diesel) an run on tuther (used, filtered, straight fri-o-later veg oil) to keep lines un-jelled. Smellin like a Chinese restaurant is beddah than a dead dinosaur, cheeper, not so tough on the environment (mining AND burnnin). Mr Diesel (dat ol German) ran his 1st motor on soy oil too.

Next step up would B a cooper coil in the fuel tank that runs the water jacket coolant thru there. Thousands of vegie cars round here run that way (since mid '90s). Most often seen round here - that million mile MB 5 cyl motor (is it late 70s - mid '80s?), next is the VeeDubs. Fewer trucks but we're a more conservative group...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88