Alrighty, a few issues to tinker with

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new truck (6.9 w/auto) gave me a little trouble starting this morning. If I didn't hold the pedal down for a minute or two after starting, it would stall out. Once idling, even after 10 min or so, you can hear it slightly stumble. If you mash the pedal and let off, it stalls out.

What I do know: There's some minor leaks around the injectors, and where the lines group together at the IP. Could a slight air intrusion cause this? Or what else am I looking at?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the hard lines are leaking? That sounds like it could cause that to me, based on when I was redoing my returns. I had some leak and I definitely noticed a stumble.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,all of them on the passenger side of the block, the drivers side is perfect lol. Nothing major, but it's def wet around them.Same with the grouping at the IP

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out my autolights for berus and in the process must have moved my return lines around too much. There are all leaking now and forming fuel puddles on my intake. It started to stumble upon startup and then dies. Once restarted it run good, except for the fuel leaking out.

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
i have one leaky injector line and it will effect the performance and stall. if i let it sit 15 mins, or huff it with a rag and gas, it fires right up. so im sure if you have multiple leaks that is the issue. you can get a kit pretty cheap

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears too there is (or was) a leak at the filter head. I guess it makes the most sense to fix what i know is wrong, and go from there after.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These fuel systems really needs to be tight on the supply side and the return side. Think of the fuel system like a straw dunked in some soda. Put your finger over the top of it and you can lift the straw out and nothing drips or leaks out. But let your finger off the end of it and watch it make a mess. Thats how our fuel systems have to be. tight so nothing flows back to the tank or allows air to be sucked in displacing the fuel. Remember that air leaks is easier than fuel leaks out. When the air is sucked in by the weight of the fuel creating a vacuum in the fuel system it draws in air a plenty..

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can my IP and lines be swapped from my crew cab with minimal trouble? 6.9 mated to 4spd man going to a 6.9 mated to a c6?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to swap over the modulator on the ip that sets the shift points on the c-6. Never done it but it will probably take some adjusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Staff online

Members online