Almost made a 900 mile trip without an issue

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Well I drove out to Virginia from Missouri to visit some family and decided to test my truck. I was pretty impressed. AC blew cold the whole time, engine oil temp never went over 200* and water temp never went over N on normal on the dummy guage.

I went with my bro and his friend and since that back seat sucks we folded it down into the bed, put a blanket over it and pillows on one end, and whoever rode in the back watched movies on my laptop. Would've been more comfortable without F superduty rear springs but it worked out.

We were doing great till we got halfway through the appalachians in west virginia on I-79. Apparently I lost a diode on my altenator because it dropped to 12.3volts. Had to replace it yesterday with a $170 new one. Wish I had brought my spare from Missouri! Hopefully I can return it at advance when I get back.

And fuel mileage was terrible.. About 13mpg. Should've adjusted my fuel down before the trip. Going 85 through the appalachians didn't help I'm sure but I didn't want to lose my headlights before I got home.

Got my wisdom teeth removed today so my drugged up **** gets to watch movies while they drive home friday :D Overall I'm pretty happy with how its done

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
For me it is. I'd never driven my truck further than an hour or so away up until this trip. I've been through almost everything on this truck so I was worried if I'd forgotten to tighten a bolt or grease a joint or any number of things. It was a 16 hour drive which probably isn't much to most here but it is to me.

And I don't know how to fix a junk diode on an altenator or whatever went out and it was 1 AM so finding a junkyard wasn't an option.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its kinda amazing what these trucks will do.

A week before I moved from Oregon to Texas I pulled the engine. The day before I left I had it all buttoned up. Then drove 2500 miles in around 60 hours while stopping and visiting a relative in southern California.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin