Airbox mod idea...

jvencius

Reaction score
While I was working on the PSD tonight (installing a kill switch, relocating the crankcase vent, and installing a new high pressure crossover line), I had an idea to get better airflow within the stock airbox. Right where the snorkel comes into the airbox there is a piece of fiberglass that extends from the top of the box to within ~2 1/2 inches of the bottom. My idea was to saw that piece out of the way, thereby increasing the area where the snorkel enters the airbox from ~9"x2 1/2" to ~9"x9". Even though my AFE Stage 1 intake doesn't latch in place anymore, it still fits well since it gets sandwiched between the hood insulation and the bottom half of the airbox. I've only driven appx. 5 miles with that mod done so I can't really tell any difference in EGT's or turbo spool-up times, but I don't suppose removing a choke point for air-in can hurt.

I know the picture is really crappy quality, but the lighting was only so-so and my phone can take a max 640x480 picture. The orange flagging tape marks the bottom of where that air dam used to be, now nearly the whole bottom half of the airbox is open and can flow more air.

Attachments

• 1203051442.JPG
    1203051442.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online