Air Lumbar fix

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Since I got my 97 the air lumbar in the drivers side wasn't working correct. The pump would run and the bags would inflate but no extra pressure could be felt on my back. So I took the front seat out and found the cross brace on the frame was busted at the welds. So I swapped the rear seat into the front(gotta love a crew cab just for that reason). I took the bucket seat off the base frame, took the seat into work and had our welder stick weld it back on. Put it all back together and good as new. Here's what the inside of the bucket seats look like, with the airbags back to where they should be.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 10

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Just got mine apart for the same reason....and found the same thing ;Sweet

.... 'cept I ain't got no stinkin' crew cab to play musical seats with ;p LOL

Those welds from the fact are **** poor at best...and just why are they attached from behind , directly inline with the load? cookoo cookoo

I'm not a big guy...5' 9"...175lb and if my narrow butt will break them, I can only imagine the force from some of you big guys :eek: :D especially those with bolt actions.....

I'm gonna install some gussets between the tube frame and bladder brkt....just for S+G ;Sweet

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Naa I rode in that other seat for two days. I LIKE MY BUCKETS!! So :backoff
Even though you do sit higher on the bench LOL

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
that same exact thing happened to my '95 and we used pop rivots, seems a bit easier than trying to weld. and I as well didn't have the multiple seats to swap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online