Air Horn set up

capt 24

Reaction score
I'd like to put a set of three train style horns on my 03 but do not want to put the on board air system on ( well I think Brad Kilby hasn't finished designing the new system for the 3G yet). Any Ideas....... what kind of compressor and where to locate it. I have a 5 gal air tank but haven't found a compressor that seems to builds quickly to 125psi. Anyone have a suggestion.
Derek

White Ram

Reaction score
If you don't want on board air, you will have to just keep filling your air tank off the home or diesel station compressor. To be functional and pracical I think that you need on-board air.

I have the Pac-brake with on board air and a 2 1/2 gal tank it is good for a few blasts on the air horn.

steve

BreaksEverything

TROUBLE INC.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
Got lots of money? http://www.vmac.ca/

lots of $$$ is right
I didn't even have to open that page
I looked into theres last year for about 5 seconds
I was like 250cfm w/o a ait tank ? kewl :love:
$5000 :fight: :moon: I'm not that drunk
it sounded good for a min - oh well

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
When I was on a VFD the truck assigned to me was an old IH water tender with a CAT. Not sure what model anymore, but it was all air powered, the seat, wipers, brakes, throttle and so on. Anyhow it only had to sit for about a day and the air would completely leak out. So in a hurry to get to the fire, one had to first cycle the glow plugs for about 20 seconds, then let it idle (cuz you couldn't throttle it at all w/o any air) till it was aired up. All in all it took about 5-8 minutes to get out of the bay. Anyhow we put in a air-up-fast system using some regulators, valves and a SCBA tank. Then all one had to do was fire it up, push the fast gas button we put in the cab and walla, it would air up the system in a matter of seconds. I would think this would work well, especially if on were a FF and had access to an air station to refill his tank after a few *****. I would think a 3000 psi tank would last a long time blowin on a 125 psi horn. Unfortunately I can't submit pics, cuz after I left a member lost control of it when some lady came into his lane and he rolled the truck, all was lost, but he barely lived.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online