Air Filter again

MUDDY

Reaction score
glad ya got it larry. hopefully it a progrd 7. and hope ya got a cleanin kit w/ it. most need a slight bit more oil applied b4 ya install em

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
No it was not a Proguard 7 and I did not get the prefilter I ordered. I called John up and he said I did not order a Proguard 7 filter :confused: so I figured one of three things happened 1- I ordered the wrong one :confused: 2- AFE shipped the wrong one ??? 3- When I clicked on the right one that I ordered it got changed in over the puter waves. Anyway a Proguard 7 is supposed to be delevered today by UPS. This is the only time I have dealt with John Hamlin at Diesel Performance Shops but he has called me several times and he has corrected the problem. On a scale of 1-10 I give him a 10 I guess I will bring it to work tommorow and put it on.:D
www.dieselperformanceshops.com

Whit

Reaction score
Larry, If ya get in a bind on that install give me a call and I will talk ya thru it LOL ............yer ol buddie Kev

lschultz

Reaction score
Well all I got yesterday was the prefilter. Sent John a email and he said he will check into it Monday and get back with me. This truck most have a spell cast on it I have more trouble getting aftermarket goodys for it than I have ever had. Problems with the MBRP exhaust I was waiting on they sent the wrong one and did not come through with what they said would happen so I spent the extra $$$ and went with the Banks,problems with A-Pillar went I ordered one,Brite Box problems got that corrected,now the AFE intake.

lschultz

Reaction score
I am a idiot

Have you heard that before Kevin? I looked on puter when I got home and had a email from John several days ago that gave UPS tracking and the filter is supposed to be delevered Monday. So it looks like I made another mistake guess I best get my shctuuuuuuuuuuuuf together.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Whit

Reaction score
Get it together Larry......are you still :confused: or do I have to come down there again and line you out:yell:

lschultz

Reaction score
I finally got my pro guard 7 filter last week friday got it all put on Sat. today is only the 2nd time I have drove it with the AFE Stage II intake on. It does have more turbo noise is about all I can say right now had a hell of time getting the coupling on the turbo with there new redesigned torque tube at least on my truck. I am a little disappointed with AFE on this. I would think they would have a better design that fits better. I will see how it holds up. I had to fill up on the way home so I will see if it increases mpg any.