ADVERTISING this is NOT GOOD

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I am having this problem and not this site. I have been here and at SDD since 2005, so I know a little bit about these sites. I am running Mac computers and they are not as likely to be infected as Windows machines. I have ran Clam X, my antivirus software(updated) and it found nothing. This is the site I get sent to when I click here: http://www.mdlinx.com/family-medici...rm=G Ron&utm_campaign=family_medicine_keyword I am also seeing many words here that are bold but not black. There is a green circle with an arrow next to the bold type. I see Install, Here, Windows, Backup, Delete, Open, Volkswagon Jetta, Install, Open, Automatic in BOLD with the little green arrows. The little green arrow has this associated to it: http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png. I have never seen that before. Ideas?

Dave

Are you signed in when you see these ads? If you are, then something is up as you shouldn't be seeing any ads. Only ads show to non members and there aren't alot.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Shaggy I am signed in. I do not sign out of this site or the SDD site. I did see the same thing on SDD. It is a virus I had on my Mac, which is unusual up until now. I got rid of it now and things are pretty much normal. Thanks!

Dave

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Virus on a mac? I thought that only happened once and apple plugged that. I would say its your antivirus software. I don't run any. I have run them with those ibm pc things and had problems. It seems that after a period of time they want to sell you a new computer and the antivirus slows your computer and they want your money every year. Then I bought a Mac and have no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86