Advanced search not working

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advanced search does not work. For example, when I do a search for my user name, all posts since a week ago, it returns nothing (yes I have posted:rolleyes:). If I search for my user name or a key word on something I know I posted a month ago I can't find it. If the search finds anything it appears to be very old - it looks like I haven't posted since the spring.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Worked ok for me? Did you just input your username and that was it?

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, among other tests. I posted a reply to someone looking for help with their glow plugs. I don't remember the title so I search for "clamp-on" like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

No results. I had offered to provide some more info but I can't find the post. I do another search for my username (I have posted this morning) and they don't show up either.

I think the issue is that the search only finds threads started by me, not replies. I search for my user name for one week = three; two weeks = three...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. The advanced search is clearly not working up to it's potential. If I put in my user name, and key words I know I used, and leave the time frame to anytime, it almost never finds what i want. If i change the time frame to about when I think i posted, it finds it about 50% of the time. Quite annoying...