A sigh of relief.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to work on the truck today. I got rid of the autolite GPs', 2 of them fought me but drowning them in PB blaster got them out. Now I'm all MC, I left the truck unplugged to see if it starts cold any better in the morning. I also got rid of the Fram fuel filter and replaced it with an IH filter I got fram dave186(Thanks again). Then I changed out the o-rings on the passenger side of the motor with viton rings. I did the driver side a few weeks ago, wanted to wait until I had a new filter before doing the other side. If the weather is good tomorrow, I have a tie rod end to replace and I need to check the solder joints in my wiper control box.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I am relieved to have all the questionable parts off the truck. I've read too many horror stories about the autolite plugs and fram fuel filters that I was cringing every time I had to start my truck.

It's not snowing outside yet, guess I'll be heading out soon to do some more work.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I tried the free fix on the wiper motor which involves rebending the contact tabs, but cant find the control box anywhere to check the solder joints. Gonna have to check my book and do more searching.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it used to sound like it was only running on two cylinders for the first 10 seconds it was on. Now it starts a lot more evenly and quicker. My glow plug LED also stays on a lot longer than it used to, 15-20 seconds instead of 8-10.