A IDI whoops on a 6.5 Chevy

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I was heading home after work and I got behind a laundry service truck its a Grumman Olsen van its a 1.5 ton. I know its powered with a 6.5 the way it sounds (marbles in a tin can). I got behind him at a flat stretch before a 11% grade he couldn't keep ahead of me soon as he hit the hill the thing was belching black like you wouldn't beleive. I had to back out of the throttle the old IDI had lots more go pedal to go he is about the same weight as me.

Once we crested the 1km hill he was trying to keep way ahead of me on the flat stretches was taking the sharp S bends a little fast so I backed way off I didn't want him to flop on his side. He was hammering on the brakes pretty hard I went through all the corners without braking. The 6.5 was leaving a stream of black smoke the whole time.

The guy driving the van is in his early 20s I have talked with him quite a few times the laundry company washes coveralls for the transit guys.

It did make me feel good that the old IDI pulls hard and strong while the 6.5 was maxed out I have a feeling the guy had the sucker floored LOL

Another person surpised that a old white flatdeck can keep up to them it may look old and tired it can still move when I push it ;Sweet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online