99 f350 7.3

donny martin

Reaction score
im going to look at 99 ford f350 dually with a 7.3 with 115000 miles this will be my first diesel truck.I seen pictures checked the vin number everything looks clean.Just wanted to get some info on what to look for listen for thanks;Sweet

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Donny,
If this is your first diesel truck, maybe you should take it to the local Ford dealership and have them check it out for you. I doubt that they would charge you a lot, and at least you would have some "peace of mind" about your potential purchase.
Welcome to the site.

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
im going to look at 99 ford f350 dually with a 7.3 with 115000 miles this will be my first diesel truck.I seen pictures checked the vin number everything looks clean.Just wanted to get some info on what to look for listen for thanks;Sweet

Since I know nothing about your mechanical knowledge or abilities I would suggest that you might want to consider taking the vehicle to a AAA approved shop, they can do a buyers check out on this vehicle for 89.95 and it is real in depth and will give you peace of mind when purchasing a used vehicle. AAA sets the price for the checkout and they provide the shop with a form that the techs follow when checking out a vehicle. It's 89.95 that is well spent.

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
check the exact biuld date on the door sticker, there were some changes in dec, 98 to them. among others, the intake system, from a round filter, drawing thru the left fender to a rectangular one, drawing thru the front. if it's orig, thats when they went from the little v8 turbo diesel sticker on the front of the fender to the badge on the rear of the fender. not positive about other differences, but most lift kits will specify a build date after 3/99 for kit applications

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel