96 won't start

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ok I got a friends 96 that won't start when I checked the codes it had 2 codes for cps and 1 ICp preasure low or out of range. The truck cranks fast the tach moves and the wait to start light works and the fuel pump is pumping. The truck does not smoke when cranking we replaced the cps since it had 2 codes even though the tach was moving still no start. they replaced the gp relay even though I told them that wasn't it and the truck started and ran a couple times then it wouldn't start again and hasn't started since. So they checked the wires and found wires bare that go to the IPR so we fixed those but still no go the HPOP is full of oil and still does not smoke when cranking so what would be the key sensors and connectors that would not let the truck run at all to check?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sounds like when my ICP sensor took a dump. If you can clear the codes,unplug the ICP and it should run.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its not the ICP make sure the IDM maxi fuse is not popped. No smoke means no fuel so you either dont have enough HPO to crack the injectors (bad ICP or IPR) or your IDM isnt delivering voltage.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ok got a chance to look at it some today and its not the ICP cause we unplugged it and still no start. I also checked all fuses and relays and all are good so I'm leaning towards the IPR so wheres the best place to get one? Also is this the thing that I remember everyone talking about a nut that holds some cover or something that would come loose and cause it not to run?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online