96 powerstroke hard start

jacobbingham

Reaction score
96 F250 7.3 powerstroke 5 speed with 206*** miles i pulled the filter out and cleaned the fpr screen and also before i tried to pull the fpr screen out by taking out the 2 bolts on the side and pulling it apart but i couldnt so i put that back together and cleaned it through the filter housing it had alot of crud but filled the housing put the filter in and then i went to start after and it started but ran at 200-400 rpms and was shaking really bad turned off and then started again and did the same but i hit the gas and it reved and idled. Went to the store shut it off came back out and i had to hold my foot down while cranking just till it caught then it idled. its where i have to do that everytime now whats the problem???? Truck has intake exhaust and fpr shim

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Does it throw any codes? did it run fine before you tryed cleaning the FPR screen?

jacobbingham

Reaction score
Yeah it always started now it has no balls on take off cuz the screen is stopped back up

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go here on how to remove the FPR. Web page says it's for 2002 PSD but the fuel bowls are very similar for all PSD's. It's a total rebuild of the bowl, but do what's necessary. http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/fbowl.php

Last edited:

jacobbingham

Reaction score
I did clean it and it made a difference but now its back to having no balls on take off. Will oil make it slow cuz I just got this truck and idk when its been changed?