95 psd

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score
ok so here is what I have done, I removed the stock exhaust and replaced it with a 3" down pipe as well as 4" all the way back. no cat and no muffler! the truck is a little louder but not bad. I re-routed the ccv and changed the manifold boots and intake boot. plus replaced all the brake lines and brakes. so week ago or so I made another trip to the dunes bucking a 40 mph head wind and at times side wind pulling 7k trailer and load. truck ran great on pwr level 1 of my edge cts programer. it down down shifted a few times and I didn't think it needed to and was only showing 10 - 12 psi when it down shifted. at one point I had the cruise set at 75 mph and it down shifted, hit what sounded like the rev limiter, when this happened I looked at my programmer since my guages are on there and saw 1280 egt and 20 psi! I thought the stock turbo could only produce 18 psi?

so this leads me to my next q's

I noticed that the turbo needs to spool a little faster and I would have ran flawless at 75 mph in a 40 mph head wind even though I only got 11 mpg! which small mods could I make to see 12 -14 psi instead of 8 - 10 psi in these conditions? from an other wise stock motor.

also i was getting alot of vibration through the floor so I changed all the u-joints which isn't bad since it's a 2wd and this took 80% of the vibration out! but there is still some vibration pretty much constant. if the previous owner installed an after market tq converter for towing there 5 wheel camper would this cause the vibration? any other suggestions? the tires are balanced. while I'm towing the tranny temp has never gotten higher than 169 degrees but will run between 159 - 169 pretty consistently is this ok or a little on the high side?