'95 powerstroke swap

SuperDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been offered a good running and driving 95 7.3 powerstroke engine free of charge all I have to do is pull it out of the truck it's in. My question is what else should I take with it? I was planning on grabbing the injector driver module and engine harness for sure as well as the accelerator pedal and pigtail. I don't really have free rein to be ripping wiring and stuff out of the inside of the cab but I was told I could have the manual pedals and was also offered a good zf 6 speed trans from a later model 7.3 truck for real cheap if that's worth getting. The plan will be to eventually swap the psd into an older truck like possibly an 87 f350 4x4 cab and chassis truck that's been robbed of it's drive line and abandoned in my back yard forever so I want to get as much as I can from this donor truck to make the engine work in some other project. Thanks

93didually

Reaction score
Definitely will need under hood harness and dash harness. Battery trays help with mounting oem stuff. I have done this swap.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I would only attempt a PSD swap if I had a whole truck to pick thru for every little item along the way. But that's just me....

SuperDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would only attempt a PSD swap if I had a whole truck to pick thru for every little item along the way. But that's just me....

Normally I would agree with you 100% but it's free and all I have to do is pull the thing out. I also don't know for sure what I'll do with the powerstroke once I have it but for the low,low price of nothing I'm going to jump on it like a rat on a cheeto

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron