94 idi n/a intermittent tach and trans in limp mode

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a older gentleman dropped by today at work with his 94 with a factory reman 7.3 in it and an e4od he ha me put a light switch and new interior door Handel in it then he asked me to drive it he said it is very sluggish at start well it seems to be stuck in 3rd and at 70 mph the tach kicked on but only read 1200rpm and the tc locked up that being said he wants me to look at it and I just want to make sure I'm going the right direction so I was going to check the tach sensor with a good one I have and see what that does. Does any one here with more knowledge than me on slush boxes have a better place to start

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wes I'm just trying to cut as much time as this older man is a veteran and on a fixed income want to get it done as fast and cheap as possible

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it may not be a fast fix. Sometimes, you really have to dig into things. There may be more than one issue here as well. Hopefully not, but it's a possibility.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that's why I called apon the greats he said he is going to bring it by Monday I'll probably have more questions

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I liked the E4OD as long as it was working well. Of course, I quit working on these for a living back in 2001, so most of the issues were either mechanical or the tack pick up. There generally hadn't been enough time for corrosion to build up on the electrical connections.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got this guy's truck shifting after chasing no signal issues I went to the trans and the plug was pretty corroded so o cleaned it and dowsed with dielectric grease and right as rain

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7