94 F250 7.3 Sitting for 15 years

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nooo they aren't stupid LOL

As long as you have compression, right timing, working injectors / pump, air and fuel without air they run.
I think your IP is bad.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its soaking in seafoam right now.. I work next 5 days 16 hr days.. so see what happens next tuesday HA

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an ex IDI tech coming by tomorrow afternoon if all goes right!! Ill be at work but the wife will be here and her parents... fingers crossed he gets me some info!!! Local napa referred me to him, Not your basic napa in this town... Im so pumped to have an expert coming so i can spot just throwing money at it! I should have a nice running truck for under $1500 with tires i need HAHA

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
parked for 18 years,getting the engine running will probably be the easiest part.your in for part replacement after another.just so your prepared.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol she was cover for the most part even the tires look ok no dry rot,, I wont run em.. I have already done the brakes, just gotta finish bleeding em!! Im ok with everything else,, Im just ******** clueless on diesel engines!

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I had a similar problem that drove me nuts.

Turned out to be fuel contamination. My IDI sat for two years and algae started growing throughout the fuel system, including the lines and injection pump. I cleaned everything out, got it running, quit for the night and the next day could not get fuel out the IP or injectors. It turned out that this algae was like superglue and even tiny trace amounts would glue parts together inside the IP as well as the injectors when left overnight.

I discovered it by accident when cleaning out the entire fuel system for the second time. While handling the IP, I pressed my fingers together and they stuck. I had to use a blade to pry them apart. The injectors that I had working the day before were also glued shut. I tried all kinds of solvents to dissolve it, including MEK, which is very nasty stuff. None worked. What did work was a 50/50 mixture of DieselKleen and diesel fuel. I cleaned out the fuel components again, and mixed up a 5 gal bucket and used a cheapo electric pump to feed it to the IP.

With good batts and good glowplugs, it fired right up. I let the engine idle for a few hours on the 50/50 mixture, dropped the fuel tank and scrubbed it out with dieselkleen. Filled the tank with a 25/75 mix of Kleen/diesel and never had another fuel problem.

Be aware that 100% dieselkleen is so strong it will melt the plastic fuel bowl inside the fuel tank.

Don’t sweat this truck. you can turn it into a reliable vehicle that will last for years.

And if you need an IP, I'll be putting one on ebay shortly. A DieselLogic rebuild still in the box.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK i got good news, The IP is toast he said it is sucking air at the plastic piece that faces the motor! I guess its made as a relief but the seal is toast and now its sucking air, Said it most likely happened before it was parked.. Everything else seems ok!! so ill order one tomorrow most likely and hope to have it purring next week!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would sure like to know where that plastic piece is that is leaking/sucking air in.

There is no seal that I know of that is plastic. The only seal externally is an O'ring on the drive shaft, and that will leak due to fuel pressure and leak into the valley pan if it has the relief hole. There is an O'ring on the fuel line in fitting, easily replaced.

Attachments

• 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 168.jpg
    168.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 167.jpg
    167.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is 2 plastic caps on the side where the lines come out. Right above them. Said top one is sucking air.