94 7.3L idi wmo help!

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no 26 mpg? ;) im just ribbing ya, no offence intended. Is it a straight T fitting or a 3 way ball valve T? taking the line off for dirt sounds like your in the right direction, only thing coming to mind is that the tanks are equalizing and dirt is acting as a check valve keeping it all in the rear tank. or maybe the selctor valve (if you have one) is not returning any fuel to the front, only to the rear. but i doubt you have one of them if you stripped the OEM stuff. hmmm something to ponder about for the rest of my shift. Are the tanks seperated at all or does it draw out of both at the same time?

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still using the original 6 port valve for the return fuel? if so it may be failing. I have had two 6 port valves fail, and both times they failed in the return line only, the suction line functioned as normal, but the return would bleed rapidly into the front tank when switched to the rear, and slowly into the rear when switched to the front. it was a real pain especially when needing to fill both tanks full. It was the need to fill both tanks full that showed me the problem. I filled em both up, and the next day I kept smelling gas, and finally noticed gas coming out of the filler neck of my front tank, it was then I realized my return ports were bleeding. On another gas burner truck years later it failed completely and instantly dumping 22 gallon of fuel in 10 to 15 minutes as I was driving down the interstate.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, Still not sure WTH it is, but I did make a change and back on the road, changed the line from rear tank to front tank, #10 5/8 inside dia hose. A 90 degree at the bottom of the tank now instead of the str8 one I had and fresh hose.
That rear tank hose goes str8 to the #10 tee at the bottom of my front tank then into the pump.
I don't have anything OEM that is used on my truck for the fuel system other than the Gauge sender and the two tanks, that's it. I even ditched the OEM filter head on the engine, POS waste my time **** eat Crap and DIE you ****! Anyone want it? Sell it to ya! Highly modified! Really! Re drilled to 3/8 Pipe thread, all sensor holes sealed and still bolts in! LOL! I gave that thing up! filter selection is poor and overpriced but a lot of guys like the peace of mind!
Me I will take a 33815 any day!

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you can keep those fittings protected I like the idea. Don't think it'll work on my farm truck however. I too ditched the factory filter for a 1r-762 caterpillar fuel filter. If its good enough for HEUI c-13's it's good enough my truck. Much larger filter and I can buy in bulk for less than the little ford ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online