93 ford F350 E40D

Cattlerest

Reaction score
Thanks for the add guys! I have a 93 F350 with the E40D transmission with a 7.5 Yea I know its not a oil burner but im desperate. It drove fine except had a problem at high speed switching back and forth from overdrive to drive.
I replaced the solenoid pack and the neuteral safety switch along with new pigtail. The connector wires on both had deteriorated and all wires were bare at the connector. Well now i dont have 1st or 2nd in drive unless disconnect the battery negative cable and drain the capacitors.Then on start up I let it idle for around 20 mins then shift thru the gears slowly waiting 30 seconds to a minute in each position park to 1st. Then it will take off and shift fine for the first few stops all gears present. Then the 3 stop its back to no 1st or 2nd gear in drive.I can shift it to 1st and it will take off in second. Then shift to. 2nd and drive and all other gears are there. No problem in reverse. Is there a good way to check from the pcm connector. I been able to read resistance in the wires most are 0.00 2 wires are .786 .569 ohms respectively. Dont know if that's a problem? Can anyone help guide me on what can be checked with a meter and a test light. Thanks

Last edited:

Cattlerest

Reaction score
Im gonna check the range on the neutral safety switch i did find a post on it. I have been removing an old alarm on it to day and cleaning all the grounds i can find in the manual I should have it back togeather tomorrow early. Im gonna check it again for codes ill post whatever I find. I can get a reading on all the solenoids except the transmission oil temp sensor? Hopeful setting the range will help.
Thanks for allowing me to join.

Cattlerest

Reaction score
Well checked the ohms in the nuetral saftey switch not even close and its new ordered another hope that one works out