93 F250 IDI turbo Diesel

The Mad Bishop

1993 F-250 XL 7.3
Reaction score
I have a 93 F250 IDI turbo 2 wheel drive with a E4od transmission. I need to rebuild it and am not sure if I want to attempt this on my own. Are there any special tools I will need to do this?
I am also considering buying a rebuilt on and swapping them. Does anybody know where i can get one?
I am also considering selling the truck as is. Is anybody interested?
I am also having a problem with having oil in my cooling system. I have rebuilt the oil cooler once and installed a rebuilt one I got form someone on this site and I still have oil in my radiator. Could there be other causes for oil to be mixing with my water. I was told that it was either the oil cooler or a cracked block. Would there be other symptoms if the block was cracked?
I really like this truck and when its running it’s a real work horse, but I really need to do something soon. Any ideas? Thanks Mike:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your posting is kinda confusing as to what you want to rebuild. I'm thinking you want to rebuild the engine but you mentioned the trans too. About the oil in the cooling system. It probably isn't the cooler but a head gasket or block cavitation in a rear cylinder. How much oil are we talking about. If the overflow tank is filling up with oil then you have an issue thats going to be a tuff repair but.. If its vey little oil it may be just some residaul oil thats finally purging out of the cooling system. If you didn't use dawn or calgon dish washing detergent in the cooling system and flush it out several times you may just have some left over in the system..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner