93 E350 7.3 idi battery killer

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The 65N's in the engine bay. There's plenty of space, the battery tray size would be your only limitation.

You must be registered for see images attach

lonnoid

Reaction score
There is not room on the passenger side in my van for a bigger battery, not counting the tray. Not the same engine compartment as a 6.9!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
There is not room on the passenger side in my van for a bigger battery, not counting the tray. Not the same engine compartment as a 6.9!

Um, those pics ARE a 6.9 :rolleyes:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Cubey, your van is the 74-91 Body. The other two fellas have a 92+ body. Big difference in under hood space. We had an 85, and a 94. There was acres of room under the 91 down hood compared to the 92+ The IDI's take up most of the room. I don't see how they put the 6.0 in the vans......

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Cubey, your van is the 74-91 Body. The other two fellas have a 92+ body. Big difference in under hood space. We had an 85, and a 94. There was acres of room under the 91 down hood compared to the 92+ The IDI's take up most of the room. I don't see how they put the 6.0 in the vans......

Ah, I see. I misunderstood. Are they in sigs? I've been on mobile today, where sigs don't show up.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see. I misunderstood. Are they in sigs? I've been on mobile today, where sigs don't show up.

I've noticed signatures show up on mobile for me if I turn my phone sideways and the screen rotates. Just an fyi in case you want to try it.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Yeah, the 1992 engine bay is a little different. It seems a bit more narrow on the passenger side. The group 31 barely fits. No way a group 65 sitting there.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Yeah, the 1992 engine bay is a little different. It seems a bit more narrow on the passenger side. The group 31 barely fits. No way a group 65 sitting there.

I can see why. The blower fan is in there, not in the cab like mine. Your evaporator box sticks way out too.

I dunno how I missed it being 92+ with the thread title being what it is. LOL

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of size, NEVER, parallel different amp hour or chemistry batteries if you want long life from them. Not done anywhere else by EV vehicles, drones, battle bots, boats, planes, off grid, etc. Even if battery connections balanced, the smaller one will charge and discharge faster with indicated voltage the same.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Regardless of size, NEVER, parallel different amp hour or chemistry batteries if you want long life from them. Not done anywhere else by EV vehicles, drones, battle bots, boats, planes, off grid, etc. Even if battery connections balanced, the smaller one will charge and discharge faster with indicated voltage the same.

Well... tell that to Ford back in the 80s... later on they ended up putting them under the van on the frame rails somewhere to make room for the 6.0L intercooler and stuff. I guess that solved the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Staff online