92 w350 le cummins

supachaged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i bought the 92 dodge cummins w350. i should be picking it up next week and will post pics. dont feel to comfortable about switching to the darkside, but had no luck in finding a 92-97 crew cab f350 4x4,until after the deal was done with the dodge. there was a 95 cc f350 with 350,000 and a jasper trans with under 40,000 on it in my price range.i figure if i dont like the dodge,which i probably wont with it not being a ford, i can at least do a little body work and general maintence with some of the cheaper mods and flip the truck and maybe find that perfect ford. and has anyone taken out those ridiculous rear jumper seats and installed a true rear bench seat. i have two little girls that are still in car seats. i would think i need to fab some kind of brackets to bolt to floor and find a seat, anything else? and thank you everyone who replied to my last post.

Last edited:

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
The Dodge is a good vehicle despite what some may claim. I would argue that as far as the drive train goes, it's superior to anything in the time period. Repair parts for the truck are extremely affordable and most can be repaired with common hand tools. The Cummins is likely to get 50% better fuel mileage than a comparable IDI Ford. The purring of the Cummins is also great especially if you cut the muffler off and straight pipe it. Mods are also cheap and/or free depending on what you want to do. Don't know if you have the auto or manual. The auto is a bit weak but can be rebuilt for a reasonable amount with good parts that will be far better than before. The Getrag is a great trannie as long as you don't abuse it and do regular maintenance, plus the stock Sachs clutch can hold a lot of power and generally outlasts the trannie itself.

Heck the only drawback is Dodge stopped making a Crew Cab in '85 and only offered a Club Cab with jump seats like you have. Yes several folks have retrofitted a true rear bench seat for these trucks, which is a project I plan to tackle this summer. Plenty of information as well as some graphics and schematics can be found here:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/club-cab-rear-seating-t216149.html?&highlight=club+cab+seat

It has been speculated that a rear seat out of a Dakota may work as well as the rear bench out of an extended cab Ford.

Congrats on your new truck! If you ever get tired of it, I'll take it off your hands.:sly

supachaged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx for the info,i will look into it. the truck comes with a 9ft. fisher plow,air bags in the rear and an EBY bed. so i will see if i like it or not. oh and its a dogamatic. so i think first will be full svc on all fluids and check everything over, then some guages and all the free mods.some bodywork,exhaust,etc.