92 351 windsor water in oil

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
The engine in my 92 F150 is getting water in the oil somehow. The oil is milky looking and thin like its full of water. I will post a picture of the drain pan tomorrow.

I'm confused as to where the water is coming from because there is no coolant loss. Seems like its rain water but I can't figure out how its getting in.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Are you absolutely positive there is no coolant loss? There's really no way for rainwater to get into the engine. A few places that I've seen coolant leak and immediately pop into my head are timing gear cover, lower intake and headgasket failure. I look forward to pics.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Yeah no coolant loss at all. Its level hasn't changed a bit.

Here is how it looked when I pulled the pan from under the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is all stirred up
You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little late but better than never. You sure your overflow coolant tank is not empty? There is no way I can think of coolant getting in the oil other than a blown head gasket. Take a compression test on a hot engine, if you can do that then you can inject compressed air into each cylinder and see if the coolant rises in the radiator, if it does then thats the cyl., bad head gasket.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
No loss of coolant at all. Pressure tested the cooling system and it holds pressure.

Starting to think it might be condensation from sitting too much.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Gas tank was full of water:puke: How it was running with that much water in the gas is beyond me.:eek:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Who did you tick off? Either that, or think real hard about the last place you filled up and avoid it like the plague. Hopefully, that's the entire problem....how the majority of it got in the oil is beyond me but you may want to consider new injectors.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Its been sitting outside with the bed off because the spring hangers need replaced. The tank is also needs replaced as its rusted through and leaks if you fill it to high. I'm guessing rain found its way in. What little rain we have had anyway.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way that water in a gas tank can end up in your oil. If there was that much water in your gas the engine would not even run

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Pretty much didn't want to run at all and took ether to start. I ran probably almost a whole can of ether through it the one day trying to get it moved.

Have yet to put the new gas tank on but Im guessing it should run much better.