89 parts

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i know this should be in the marketplace,i cant seem to get any hits there.
i have a 45 gallon transfer flow rear tank from a 89 idi i parted out.
also a very good rear bumper,good 2 inch reciever hitch.let me know if anyone is interested.
also have the 7.3 and zf5 with trasnsfer case.kinda neat to give a old 7.3 a look over when its out of the rig.planned on keeping these 3 items but hey money talks. :Sly :D

maybe somebody would swap me a turbo or something :rolleyes: :rotflmao

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipping will probably be prohibitively expensive, but I have to ask...how much are you looking to get for the Transfer-Flow rear tank?

Thanks!

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
well i was thinking $200.00,the po of the truck said he paid $500.00 for it 96.
maybe $150.00 would be better,it could use new straps but other than that its good shape

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I am going to guess that the shipping to Canada would be $$$ for the rear tank... oh well. I am just going to have to make my own I think.

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more

rancherman84 said:
it should bolt in just like the 89 it's from

Tell me more.
1. Does it use stock pickup and sender?
2. Do you have to remove spare tire permanently?
3. does it require different straps?
4. Is it free of rust?
5. Have any pics?
6. This is a rear tank replacement, correct?
7. Any other info. LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
As far as shipping, I just shipped a 90 gal diamond plate in bed tank that was just under 100# from Grand Rapids, to New York, and it cost $101.00

Just thought you might like to know,..

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
1 no it does not,most of the ford pickups use that twist lock deal that holds the sender in,this one bolts on with about 6 bolts,it must be a transfer flow setup
2 yes,there isnt room the spare under the truck with the tank
3 yes it requires different straps,they are not shot,but if i was to use it here in upstate ny i would replace them
4 no,but its in good shape,made heavy to,i'd have to say 3/16" steel,i pumped 25 gallons of good fuel out of it to empty it and still cant lift it by myself very easy
5 i dont have access to a digital camera,so no
6 yes its a rear tank replacement from transferflow in CA.there is date code on the sticker of 1996,probly has there address to
it should fill fast,it uses the stock ford filler tube but it just dumps into a 45 degree angle built into the tank
i just looked it up on transferflows web site(sorry dont how to linky :mad: )it sells for almost $777.00 new :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
1 no it does not,most of the ford pickups use that twist lock deal that holds the sender in,this one bolts on with about 6 bolts,it must be a transfer flow setup
2 yes,there isnt room the spare under the truck with the tank
3 yes it requires different straps,they are not shot,but if i was to use it here in upstate ny i would replace them
4 no,but its in good shape,made heavy to,i'd have to say 3/16" steel,i pumped 25 gallons of good fuel out of it to empty it and still cant lift it by myself very easy
5 i dont have access to a digital camera,so no
6 yes its a rear tank replacement from transferflow in CA.there is date code on the sticker of 1996,probly has there address to
it should fill fast,it uses the stock ford filler tube but it just dumps into a 45 degree angle built into the tank
i just looked it up on transferflows web site(sorry dont how to linky :mad: )it sells for almost $777.00 new :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this the site?
http://www.transferflow.com/html/ford_aft_axle_fuel_tanks.html
If so, it looks like they include a sender with pickup. Do you have that? The one you are saying is $777 is a mid mount. Any chance that what you have?

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guntherx said:
Is this the site?
http://www.transferflow.com/html/ford_aft_axle_fuel_tanks.html
If so, it looks like they include a sender with pickup. Do you have that? The one you are saying is $777 is a mid mount. Any chance that what you have?
Not to be splitting hairs....but the aft tank is still $692 in the price list. I'm sure the shipping is going to broadside you from CA to the East coast. So you might have to get a strap kit and a sender from TF if you get this one. for the $150-200 plus ship, this isn't a bad deal at all for someone out in the east coast.